About the instructor
"Don’t waste your time doing things that don’t matter. That doesn't deliver an impact. That burns out teams. That over promise and under deliver. Hope is not a strategy. If you don’t change things up, you’ll keep getting the same results. Like Einstein said, that’s crazy. Instead, become the go-to transformational leader who can confidently enable teams to consistently deliver what matters." - J. Scott
The TLP is led by Jason Scott, founder and CEO of 120VC and PMI-Authorized Training Provider (ATP)
J. Scott is the anti-thought leader who has proven that actions speak louder than words. Growing up in Los Angeles, he learned early on that grit and courage could overcome any lack of talent. After joining the Navy and becoming a Naval Rescue Swimmer, J. founded 120VC to help people and teams get things done that really matter. He has spent over 20 years leading global transformational efforts for various companies and is the author of two Amazon-bestselling books. J. is a sought-after keynote speaker and has a passion for mentoring and training a new generation of leaders, leading him to start the Transformational Leadership Academy.
What You Learn
Stop faking it and start making it. Join our program to gain the skills needed to become a transformational leader who drives impact and growth
At TLP, you'll learn practical how-to teachings, guides, and templates for leading projects and product teams applying agile, enterprise, product organizational change management, portfolio management, and program management disciplines. You'll get equal parts of leadership EQ and IQ training, which means you'll get curated best practices in servant leadership principles meets practical, no-BS, how-to teachings loaded with templates.
You're gonna learn the difference between being a boss and being a leader. And let me tell you, leadership wins every time.
We're gonna teach you leadership skills that are rooted in empathy, purpose, and serving people. Yeah, that's right, it's all about people.
You're gonna know your stuff when it comes to Enterprise Project Management, Agile/Scrum, Change Management, Program Management, and Portfolio Management. You'll articulate the differences and benefits like a pro.
You're gonna learn how to bring diverse stakeholders and team members together with a common purpose and goal. It's all about getting everyone on the same page, and we'll show you how.
You'll be part of a Transformational Leadership Program cohort where you'll grow your professional network and influence. Yeah, that's right, you'll be in the inner circle.
Say goodbye to silos and hello to new ways of working and tools that inspire everyone to be their best. You're gonna break through those barriers like a boss.
You'll engage at all levels of your organization and your client's organization as a transformational leader that enables their team members to achieve transformational outcomes. Boom!
You'll learn how to plan and lead a global enterprise-wide project to completion efficiently and effectively.
You'll achieve near 100% user adoption on day one. Yeah, that's right, just like 120VC teams do every day.
You'll ensure healthy accountability, manage unplanned tasks, assess and mitigate impediments to keep your project on track and moving forward. You're gonna be the ultimate problem solver.
You'll assess and mitigate project risk and change to complete your project on time and on budget with the desired impact. You are gonna manage risks like a superhero.
You'll handle the project accounting, establish a baseline budget for multi-million-dollar initiatives, and proactively assess and mitigate budgetary risk. You'll never go over budget without prior client acceptance.
You'll communicate like a pro with daily and weekly status updates that help lead your project forward efficiently and effectively. You'll achieve those agreed-upon outcomes like a Zen master.
You'll plan and conduct meetings that always achieve outcomes, cultivate good commitments, and engage the project team members to move your project toward completion as aggressively as possible. Yeah, that's right, your meeting invites will be hotter than Taylor Swift tickets.
At the end of the program, you'll have the skills and confidence to enable teams to consistently deliver what matters. You'll become a recession-proof unicorn leader that companies will fight to hire, and teams will want to work with. Plus, you'll earn PMI 47 PDUs/CEUs.
What To Expect
It's like getting a masters class in servant leadership with 20 years of #GSD practices in just 14 weeks
We believe in learning by doing. Being a leader requires practice and pushing outside your comfort zone. The TLA follows the principles of the Kolb Model, to create an experiential learning experience. This course combines weekly assignments, online learning community interaction, bi-weekly instructor-led classes, and quizzes; the combination of reading, sharing ideas, critical thinking, lecture, and quizzes is meant to reinforce the learning and enable you to execute upon best practices.
100% online, 14-weeks, 8 two hour online instructor-led video ZOOM classes, Wednesdays, 5 PM PT/7 PM CT/8 PM ET. Two weeks of assignments and learning community interaction between each online instructor-led class.
Plan 2–3 hours for each week’s assignments to watch videos and read articles, complete assignments, and engage in discussion and reflection.
|Class: Orientation Toward Learning, Community & Basecamp|
| Week 1: Leadership, Methodology, PPM & Agile|
Week 2: Communication is a Leadership Tool
|Class: The Organizational Change Engine, Project Portfolio Mgt, Change Mgt, & Agile|
| Week 3: Leadership, Daily Status & Getting It Out of Your Head|
Week 4: Candor, The Ladder of Inference & Project Status Reportingroject Status Reporting
|Class: Communication is a Leadership Tool|
| Week 5: Meetings, Motivating People & Cultivating Good Commitments|
Week 6: Accountability, Unplanned Tasks & Impediments
|Class: Leading Meetings|
| Week 7: Trust, Consulting & Establishing the Planning Schedule|
Week 8: Purpose, Disagreement as Value Creation & Defining the Project
| Class: Consulting & Defining the Project|
| Week 9: Negotiation, Interviewing & Planning the Project Overview|
Week 10: Planning the Project
| Class: Planning the Project|
| Week 11: Emotional Intelligence, Project Accounting & Budget Reporting|
Week 12: Persuasion & Managing Budgetary Risk
|Class: Managing the Project Budget|
| Week 13: Trust, Candor, Influence & Project Risk|
Week 14: Managing Project Change
|Class: Course Correcting for Success While Managing Risk and Change|
Save your spot! The next cohort starts Sept 6th
Don’t buy into a program, invest in your future. Imagine if you were an early investor in Apple or Zoom where you’d be today. Where could you be today? How much would you pay for that knowledge? Graduates of our TLP program often say they wish they could have taken the course early in their careers. Truth is, no matter where we are in our personal journey as transformational leaders we have room to grow.
Submit your review
The TLP class was terrific and I highly recommend it. There are many valuable lessons (even for someone like me who has been in the field for 30+ years), and I'll share some of the highlights that you'll benefit from:
- You'll learn a roadmap for a practical way to actually deliver value as opposed to theory.
- Identifies standards for all projects to adhere to (in addition to any company specific rules and regulations) that allows senior management to make knowledgeable decisions when comparing the status and benefits of one project over another.
- Discusses “active listening” to get the team to define and focus on a common goal.
- Discusses focusing on what CAN be done (not what cannot be done).
There are too many benefits for me to list all of them. I fully endorse this course, and I'm available at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about it.
This was such a wonderful yet unique course. The group at 120VC have really spent time to hone in on what is important to be successful in today's world and have packaged those lessons in easy to use applied examples that lay out the foundation for how to get stuff done . The leadership strategy they teach is not at the cost of the team but rather by figuring out how to motivate and encourage the team members to engage and bring their own unique self to the party to support the end goal. 120VC presents concepts by assigning learning in self paced, independent modules then brings a small cohort together to share what was learned bi-weekly over a 14 week period. What an amazing group of people! Most courses teach theory but this course is focused on practical application and looking at things from a new perspective, to help focus teams and leaders on the problem at hand and resolving it together. The true power of teams come from the people. Such a great way to connect with others and get stuff done! We communicate to LEAD!
Throughout my career in leadership, I have attended many workshops, classes, and certifications on leading better OR driving results. I have never had a class experience that binds the two together with one critical foundational piece - Being Human. The class blends neuroscience, leadership theory, process, and best practices simply and effectively with coursework that empowers you to retain and engage. You are set up to hold yourself accountable for your success in the class, and that is a powerful lesson to take back to your team. I would recommend this class to anyone, regardless if they work in project management or not (because we are all driving results, right?).
As a more junior Creative Project Manager working at a startup, there were a lot of opportunities to learn new skills at my company but no concrete means of learning how to be a great leader. Being held responsible for other team members during the onset of remote working, and the inevitable truth that it would be here to stay, assured asynchronous working styles would remain a necessary adaptation of daily professional life. I was skeptical the class would be a series of theoretical nonsense, but was ecstatic to find that the foundations of all the lessons were actual practices upheld by 120vc, married to principles and lectures from some of today’s most critically-acclaimed leaders. Furthermore, these practices are applicable to a transferable methodology that will assure the project keeps moving forward! I’ve already recommended TLP to some of my peers, and I'll keep doing so.
120V's TLP is full of simple truths about leadership and project management that are either typically forgotten or go against the grain at many companies. One of our cohort's running themes was "do it because it is the right thing to do." When I start putting the lessons from the TLP into practice, even though my employer did not require them, I began to stand out as someone who knew how to get the right things done.
We are a transformational leadership ﬁrm that is passionate about our mission to empower leaders who enable teams to get sh*t done (GSD).
We complete global enterprise-wide transformational projects, optimize product pipeline, and stick change initiatives for our clients in a strategic, cost-effective manner with near 100% user adoption on day one. We exist to help your company achieve "business agility" and to continuously "digitally transform;" the cornerstones of tomorrow’s economy. 120VC is the transformation in "digital transformation."
The TLP is not an old-school professor-led lecture course.
It's a casual, experiential learning journey that’s led more like a personal trainer coach or expedition guide. Jason Scott, the founder of 120VC is your guide, but you set the pace and vigor of your own learning experience with your participation and through authentic conversation with the TLP cohort community.
About Jason Scott:
From the start of his career spent jumping out of helicopters as a Rescue Swimmer in the United States Navy, J. Scott has a long history of leadership, servanthood, and bearing witness to the transformative power of getting sh*t done. Since starting 120VC he's personally overseen the global transformational efforts within organizations such as DirecTV, Trader Joe's, Blizzard Entertainment, Sony Pictures, Mattel, and others. His team's unique, irreverent approach to change has generated breakthrough results and created meaningful jobs. In addition to being a successful entrepreneur, J. Scott is a devoted husband and father and author of "It's Never Just Business: It's About People," and "The Irreverent Guide to Project Management," both available on Amazon.com.
- Understand the differences between a leader and being a boss, with a fundamental understanding of the benefits of using leadership over authority.
- Learn and practice leadership skills rooted in empathy, purpose, and serving people.
- Articulate the differences and benefits of Enterprise Project Management, Agile/Scrum, Change Management, Program Management, and Portfolio Management.
- Identify and articulate a common purpose and goal that brings diverse stakeholders and team members together.
- Leverage the collective IQ in collaboration and community with TLP cohort, with growing your professional network and influence.
- Breakthrough silos and create new ways of working and tools to fit your organization that inspire everyone to be at their best.
- Lead with an agile and flexible mindset to execute projects faster and more effectively.
- Pass the optional Transformative Leadership Practitioner Certification exam. Engage at all levels of you and your client's organization as a leader that enables their team members to achieve transformational outcomes.
- Effectively Plan and Lead a Global Enterprise-Wide Project to completion efficiently and effectively and achieve near 100% user adoption on day one.
- Ensure healthy accountability, manage unplanned tasks, assess and mitigate impediments to keep your project on track and moving forward.
- Assess and mitigate project risk and change to complete your project on time and on budget with the desired impact.
- Handle the project accounting, establish a baseline budget for multi-million-dollar initiatives, proactively assess and mitigate budgetary risk to ensure your project never goes over budget without prior client acceptance.
- Effectively communicate daily and weekly status that helps lead your project forward efficiently and effectively with the goal of achieving agreed-upon outcomes.
- Plan and conduct meetings that always achieve outcomes, cultivate good commitments, and engage the project team members to move your project toward completion as aggressively as possible.
- 100% online, 14-weeks, 8 two-hour online instructor-led video Zoom classes.
- Two weeks of assignments and learning community interaction between each online instructor-led class.
- Plan 2–3 hours for each week’s assignments to watch videos and read articles, complete assignments, and engage in discussion and reflection.
- All learning materials are covered by the enrollment fee and provided by 120VC in Basecamp including J. Scott’s book “The Irreverent Guide to Project Management”.
Computer and Internet Access
- You will need to have an up-to-date browser and operating system.
- High-Speed Access to the internet to participate in the bi-weekly online instructor-led classes.
- Download and ability to use free versions of the Zoom (video conferencing) for and Basecamp (community platform) apps.
- DO NOT attempt to engage in the bi-weekly instructor-led classes on a mobile device.
- Mobile and tablets are NOT required but are great learning aids. There is a Basecamp app that can be downloaded from the app store that will enable you to engage with the course on your mobile device. All course materials render perfectly within the app and allow the flexibility of mobile learning.
120VC is a PMI Approved Training Provider and is authorized to give PDU’s to students for course completion. Our Provider# is 3494.
To qualify for PDU’s/CEU’s you will have to earn points for participation and completed assignments. Everyone’s running score is posted weekly on the TLA dashboard. You must complete the course with a participation score of at least 70% and pass the Transformational Leader Certification exam.
In the case that you complete the entire course, the certificate that you receive upon course completion will reflect the following
20 PDU’s Technical
10.5 PDU’s Leadership
16.5 PDU’s Strategic
If for some reason you do not complete the entire course, you can still register for PDU’s for the parts of the course that you completed, but 120VC will not be able to provide you will proof of completion. The PDU allocation above assumes 2 PDU’s for each online instructor-led class attended and 1 PDU for completing all assignments in a given week.
Yes, the TLP is perfect for teams. The 14-week TLP course is made available to the general public multiple times each calendar year with each cohort limited to 30 seats.
Register for 5 or more people and receive a group discount during early registration and while spots are available.
If you are a large group of participants or have special requests, you might benefit from a course designed specifically for your company. Contact us to learn about your options.
Not ready for the 14-week TLP? Plan or attend talks and workshops, or book Jason Scott to speak at your organization.
After years of running the TLP we know that sometimes unforeseen or unavoidable life circumstances can come up. While we do not offer discounts or refunds for cancellations, in such circumstances, we allow people one opportunity to reschedule to future cohorts as availability allows. We offer the TLP multiple times each calendar year, each cohort limited to 30 seats.
Participation is essential to your success in this class. You are required to participate just as if you were in a face-to-face course. To get full credit for participation, you will have to complete your assignments on a timely basis. Consistent failure to participate in the class will result in being dropped from the course. We do not offer refunds to students that are dropped from the course.