How It's Different
Unlike other training on Leadership, Project, Product, and Change Management, the TLP delivers how-to, real-world instruction on the latest best practices being used by 120VC teams to execute enterprise-wide projects for our Fortune 500 clients.
|• Lead the status go (change)||• Manage the status quo (sustain)|
|• New school, servant leadership that guides||• Old school, top-down authority that explains|
|• Casual, authentic conversation||• Formal, traditional lecture|
|• Philosophy, theories & definitions + practical & proven best practices||• Philosophy, theories & definitions|
|• Earn PDUs/CEU’s & Certification + Community + Coaching + Resources||• Earn PDU’s/CEU’s & Certification|
What Your Learn
Understand the differences between a leader and being a boss, with a fundamental understanding of the benefits of using leadership over authority.
Learn and practice leadership skills rooted in empathy, purpose, and serving people.
Articulate the differences and benefits of Enterprise Project Management, Agile/Scrum, Change Management, Program Management, and Portfolio Management.
Identify and articulate a common purpose and goal that brings diverse stakeholders and team members together.
Leverage the collective IQ in collaboration and community with TLP cohort, while growing your professional network and influence.
Breakthrough silos and create new ways of working and tools to fit your organization that inspire everyone to be at their best.
Pass the optional Transformative Leadership Practitioner Certification exam.
Engage at all levels of you and your client's organization as a leader that enables their team members to achieve transformational outcomes.
Effectively Plan and Lead a Global Enterprise-Wide Project to completion efficiently and effectively and achieve near 100% user adoption on day one.
Ensure healthy accountability, manage unplanned tasks, assess and mitigate impediments to keep your project on track and moving forward.
Assess and mitigate project risk and change to complete your project on time and on budget with the desired impact.
Handle the project accounting, establish a baseline budget for multi-million-dollar initiatives, proactively assess and mitigate budgetary risk to ensure your project never goes over budget without prior client acceptance.
Effectively communicate daily and weekly status that helps lead your project forward efficiently and effectively with the goal of achieving agreed-upon outcomes.
Plan and conduct meetings that always achieve outcomes, cultivate good commitments and engage the project team members to move your project toward completion as aggressively as possible.
Is the TLP for you?
What To Expect
We believe in learning by doing. Being a leader requires practice and pushing outside your comfort zone. The TLA follows the principles of the Kolb Model, to create an experiential learning experience. This course combines weekly assignments, online learning community interaction, bi-weekly instructor-led classes, and quizzes; the combination of reading, sharing ideas, critical thinking, lecture, and quizzes is meant to reinforce the learning and enable you to execute upon best practices.
100% online, 14-weeks, 8 two hour online instructor-led video ZOOM classes, Wednesdays, 5 PM PT/7 PM CT/8 PM ET. Two weeks of assignments and learning community interaction between each online instructor-led class.
Plan 2–3 hours for each week’s assignments to watch videos and read articles, complete assignments, and engage in discussion and reflection.
|Class: Orientation Toward Learning, Community & Basecamp|
Week 1: Leadership, Methodology, PPM & Agile
Week 2: Communication is a Leadership Tool
|Class: The Organizational Change Engine, Project Portfolio Mgt, Change Mgt, & Agile|
Week 3: Leadership, Daily Status & Getting It Out of Your Head
Week 4: Candor, The Ladder of Inference & Project Status Reportingroject Status Reporting
|Class: Communication is a Leadership Tool|
Week 5: Meetings, Motivating People & Cultivating Good Commitments
Week 6: Accountability, Unplanned Tasks & Impediments
|Class: Leading Meetings|
Week 7: Trust, Consulting & Establishing the Planning Schedule
Week 8: Purpose, Disagreement as Value Creation & Defining the Project
Class: Consulting & Defining the Project
Week 9: Negotiation, Interviewing & Planning the Project Overview
Week 10: Planning the Project
Class: Planning the Project
Week 11: Emotional Intelligence, Project Accounting & Budget Reporting
Week 12: Persuasion & Managing Budgetary Risk
|Class: Managing the Project Budget|
Week 13: Trust, Candor, Influence & Project Risk
Week 14: Managing Project Change
|Class: Course Correcting for Success While Managing Risk and Change|
Submit your review
I am a Sr. leader of an organization and leading the third PMO of my career. I like to think of myself as being an effective leader that has established PMO's that bring value to the organizations I've been in. Joining this class, however, inspired me to take a new look at myself, my skills and ways that I can improve. I haven't been this challenged in quite a while and my team has noticed the changes in me. I also had some stubborn ideas about process challenged in this class which have led to some very positive changes in our PMO methodology. I chose this class because it sounded interesting and I needed PDU's for my PMP certification. Instead I found relationships, inpspiration, and an organization I know I will stay connected with and learn from for quite some time. Thanks Jason!
As someone who has transitioned into the project management space this was an incredibly useful and informative course. I come from a background heavy in agile methodology, which can sometimes mean "we don't have a plan, it's done when it's done". This course not only showed me how to organize my work and my team but it allowed me to leverage the best parts of agile in an enterprise project management world. I also loved the leadership portions of this course, as they really changed my perspective on how to be an impactful leader no matter what role you're in. An added bonus was being able to connect with people around the country with unique jobs and incredible perspectives. Overall it was helpful beyond what I imagined!
120VC Transformational Leadership Program filled the gaps I experienced after earning my MS in Project and Program Management. While my program was solid, 120VC proceduralized project management base process including considerations for scrum and enterprise project management. More importantly, 120VC teachings and practices embodies servant leadership, neuroscience, and positive psychology. Participating in the program has expanded my network with organizational leaders that are willing to transform business value to serve our communities, humanity, and seeing employees as the greatest asset.
This course and the method of delivering of the knowledge - perfectly structured to achieve maximum benefit for the participants. Unique and safe environment for the cohort, that is built week after week, takes you on the journey that delivers transformation results for your capabilities as the Leader, Project Manager, Scrum Master, Agile Coach, etc. The best part is that at the end of the class you have a feeling that your journey and connection to the cohort is continues, and you will be getting more benefits as the time will pass.
Jason Scott is an Expert and highly knowledgeable in the field of the Transformational Leadership. He brings his commitment to the cohort, passion, strong belief of leading by example, leading as aggressively as possible, transparency, etc - every occurrence of the interaction with him. I also want to thank his co-lead Jim Adams for additional insights that he gave to our group. THANK YOU!!
I initially signed up for the quick way to amass PDUs and because I'm in job search mode but discovered (to my great pleasure) in the very first session that the entire course was an excellent and wide-ranging adventure. The material was informative, detailed and organized. All the topics were pertinent and relevant. In addition, the ordering of the material ensured all the modules linked together and supported each concept. My fellow cohort mates were personable and everyone (as far as I could tell) participated in the discussions and offered incredible insights. Jason and his teams are exceptionally engaging, personable, knowledgeable and responsive. It was a pleasure and I'm glad I did it. I will happily consider taking another course from the company.
We are a transformational leadership ﬁrm that is passionate about our mission to empower leaders who enable teams to get sh*t done (GSD).
We complete global enterprise-wide transformational projects, optimize product pipeline, and stick change initiatives for our clients in a strategic, cost-effective manner with near 100% user adoption on day one. We exist to help your company achieve "business agility" and to continuously "digitally transform;" the cornerstones of tomorrow’s economy. 120VC is the transformation in "digital transformation."
The TLP is not an old-school professor-led lecture course.
It's a casual, experiential learning journey that’s led more like a personal trainer coach or expedition guide. Jason Scott, the founder of 120VC is your guide, but you set the pace and vigor of your own learning experience with your participation and through authentic conversation with the TLP cohort community.
About Jason Scott:
From the start of his career spent jumping out of helicopters as a Rescue Swimmer in the United States Navy, J. Scott has a long history of leadership, servanthood, and bearing witness to the transformative power of getting sh*t done. Since starting 120VC he's personally overseen the global transformational efforts within organizations such as DirecTV, Trader Joe's, Blizzard Entertainment, Sony Pictures, Mattel, and others. His team's unique, irreverent approach to change has generated breakthrough results and created meaningful jobs. In addition to being a successful entrepreneur, J. Scott is a devoted husband and father and author of "It's Never Just Business: It's About People," and "The Irreverent Guide to Project Management," both available on Amazon.com.
- Understand the differences between a leader and being a boss, with a fundamental understanding of the benefits of using leadership over authority.
- Learn and practice leadership skills rooted in empathy, purpose, and serving people.
- Articulate the differences and benefits of Enterprise Project Management, Agile/Scrum, Change Management, Program Management, and Portfolio Management.
- Identify and articulate a common purpose and goal that brings diverse stakeholders and team members together.
- Leverage the collective IQ in collaboration and community with TLP cohort, with growing your professional network and influence.
- Breakthrough silos and create new ways of working and tools to fit your organization that inspire everyone to be at their best.
- Lead with an agile and flexible mindset to execute projects faster and more effectively.
- Pass the optional Transformative Leadership Practitioner Certification exam. Engage at all levels of you and your client's organization as a leader that enables their team members to achieve transformational outcomes.
- Effectively Plan and Lead a Global Enterprise-Wide Project to completion efficiently and effectively and achieve near 100% user adoption on day one.
- Ensure healthy accountability, manage unplanned tasks, assess and mitigate impediments to keep your project on track and moving forward.
- Assess and mitigate project risk and change to complete your project on time and on budget with the desired impact.
- Handle the project accounting, establish a baseline budget for multi-million-dollar initiatives, proactively assess and mitigate budgetary risk to ensure your project never goes over budget without prior client acceptance.
- Effectively communicate daily and weekly status that helps lead your project forward efficiently and effectively with the goal of achieving agreed-upon outcomes.
- Plan and conduct meetings that always achieve outcomes, cultivate good commitments, and engage the project team members to move your project toward completion as aggressively as possible.
- 100% online, 14-weeks, 8 two-hour online instructor-led video Zoom classes.
- Two weeks of assignments and learning community interaction between each online instructor-led class.
- Plan 2–3 hours for each week’s assignments to watch videos and read articles, complete assignments, and engage in discussion and reflection.
- All learning materials are covered by the enrollment fee and provided by 120VC in Basecamp including J. Scott’s book “The Irreverent Guide to Project Management”.
Computer and Internet Access
- You will need to have an up-to-date browser and operating system.
- High-Speed Access to the internet to participate in the bi-weekly online instructor-led classes.
- Download and ability to use free versions of the Zoom (video conferencing) for and Basecamp (community platform) apps.
- DO NOT attempt to engage in the bi-weekly instructor-led classes on a mobile device.
- Mobile and tablets are NOT required but are great learning aids. There is a Basecamp app that can be downloaded from the app store that will enable you to engage with the course on your mobile device. All course materials render perfectly within the app and allow the flexibility of mobile learning.
120VC is a PMI Approved Training Provider and is authorized to give PDU’s to students for course completion. Our Provider# is 3494.
To qualify for PDU’s/CEU’s you will have to earn points for participation and completed assignments. Everyone’s running score is posted weekly on the TLA dashboard. You must complete the course with a participation score of at least 70% and pass the Transformational Leader Certification exam.
In the case that you complete the entire course, the certificate that you receive upon course completion will reflect the following
20 PDU’s Technical
10.5 PDU’s Leadership
16.5 PDU’s Strategic
If for some reason you do not complete the entire course, you can still register for PDU’s for the parts of the course that you completed, but 120VC will not be able to provide you will proof of completion. The PDU allocation above assumes 2 PDU’s for each online instructor-led class attended and 1 PDU for completing all assignments in a given week.
Yes, the TLP is perfect for teams. The 14-week TLP course is made available to the general public multiple times each calendar year with each cohort limited to 30 seats.
Register for 5 or more people and receive a group discount during early registration and while spots are available.
If you are a large group of participants or have special requests, you might benefit from a course designed specifically for your company. Contact us to learn about your options.
Not ready for the 14-week TLP? Plan or attend talks and workshops, or book Jason Scott to speak at your organization.
After years of running the TLP we know that sometimes unforeseen or unavoidable life circumstances can come up. While we do not offer discounts or refunds for cancellations, in such circumstances, we allow people one opportunity to reschedule to future cohorts as availability allows. We offer the TLP multiple times each calendar year, each cohort limited to 30 seats.
Participation is essential to your success in this class. You are required to participate just as if you were in a face-to-face course. To get full credit for participation, you will have to complete your assignments on a timely basis. Consistent failure to participate in the class will result in being dropped from the course. We do not offer refunds to students that are dropped from the course.