Senior Technical Project Leader
About the job
120VC is looking for a passionate and skilled Senior Project Manager to partner with the Planning & Strategy team within our client, Blizzard Entertainment. You will be responsible for the successful intake, delivery, and support of first- and second-party integrations, serve as the main contact team for Product teams regarding project prioritization and status, establish and build strong relationships between partner teams, drive key strategic initiatives from initiation to launch across B&OP and dependent teams, and act as a champion for continuous improvement while working to maximize the efficiency, predictability, and visibility of our projects.
Who You Are
The right person will have experience managing multiple product development teams through all aspects of the product lifecycle including planning, implementation, testing, release, and operations. By blending your project management experience with superior collaboration and alignment skills, you will empower a department of hundreds of world class Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers to create epic entertainment experiences.
- Create Connections: Develops and maintains strong relationships (providing indirect leadership) with the technical contacts by serving as the principal day-to-day point of contact for all things related to the successful technical implementation. Liaises with Business Operations Management on Game Product Teams to facilitate communication and understand Business Priorities for the product. Facilitates between Game Product Team and B&OP to determine high level requirements for projects and report back on status
- Manage Complexity: Provides regular communication (cross- and intradepartmental, internal/external, and cross-hierarchy) to ensure transparency and progress of projects. Cuts through the ambiguity to identify the core issues (both procedurally and technically)
- Accelerate the Process: Communicates dates, capacity, metrics/results, and prioritization to make sure we are executing on high profile deliverables. Negotiate agreements that meet critical development and launch deadlines while maintaining positive relationships. Focuses on delivery while keeping a vision to create a repeatable process
- Design & Measure Success: Ensures that software is being developed at high quality. Establishes roll out of new products and features to maximize the platform’s potential. Balance the need to maintain platform and customer experience while ensuring initiative timelines are met. Formulate initiative KPIs, acceptance criteria with product managers to drive a culture of data-informed decision making
- Drive Large Cross-Department Programs: Partner with colleagues on cross-discipline teams to bring together a unified deliverable. Develops and controls deadlines, budgets, and activities associated with the program. Applies change, risk and resource management. Assesses program performance and aims to maximize ROI. Resolves projects’ higher scope issues. Keeps leadership and stakeholders appraised of the initiative status
- Shape Product Strategy: Champion a vision for the product and possess the tenacity to make that vision become reality. Understand and facilitate the use of financial metrics, ROI, revenue potential and opportunities across the B&OP products and services to determine priorities and impact. Determine product success metrics. Utilize industry expertise to generate ideas for new products or services. Remain up-to-date on research, market environment, industry trends, and technologies relating to the product. Look for ways to increase the profitability of efficiency of existing products. Review and utilize metrics reporting for fact-based decision making
- Ambassador for the platform: Develops and maintains a strong understanding of Battle.net features, capabilities, current integration pain points, and best practices in order to provide strong proactive guidance to technical personnel responsible for integration. This person is going to need to be able to empathize with teams implementing our tech across the entire gaming hardware landscape (PC, Mac, Playstation, Xbox, Switch, iOS, Android space)
- Develop Work Systems & Drive Change: Works with a mindset of continuous improvement that uses data and retrospectives to guide our future processes. Identifies gaps, inconsistencies and inefficiencies in our existing processes and tooling. Leverages creativity and problem solving to define new processes and tools that address identified opportunities. Builds consensus and drives consistent adoption of new processes and tooling across the organization. Roots out problems and risks, raises concerns, challenges convention, and inspires people to move in new directions
- Nurture a Healthy Development Environment: Utilizes work systems that support effective, balanced, sustainable work while improving project predictability, individual and team agency, and product innovation. Champions efforts, activities and projects that build trust and collaboration within the organization. In partnership with leadership and HR, continually reassess the team’s maturity and health
- 5+ years of experience managing end-to-end releases of a well-known software product
- Demonstrated success with defining Enterprise-level products
- Technical integration experience with strong indirect leadership skills
- Detailed knowledge of software lifecycle; software development best practices; project management methodologies and release management methodologies
- Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data
- Strong interpersonal skills and a love for collaboration
- Strong understanding of the requirements gathering process
- Experience in working within global teams and cross-functional teams
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Ability to provide structure in a dynamic environment
- Highly motivated and with a positive attitude
- Seeks out opportunities for improvement on a continuous basis
- High attention to detail with an emphasis towards measurement
We are located in Los Angeles, Tacoma, and Denver. But you can get sh*t done from anywhere. We’ll set you up with a dope laptop, 120VC #GSD swag, a monthly cell phone/data stipend, and a generous Grubhub meal delivery account. (This role is remote for the time being, but it is highly preferred that this person will be located in Irvine).
- Empowered and entrusted to lead the status go.
- A purpose-driven, yet playful culture with a great deal of autonomy, and opportunities for perfecting your craft.
- Company-sponsored health benefit plans across Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Paid holidays time, and unlimited PTO, and sick time
- Company-matched retirement plans
- Access to 120 TLA workshops including the 14-week, online Transformational Leadership Program worth $2,500 and 47 PDU’s from the Project Management Institute.
120VC is a Transformational Leadership Consultancy on a mission to enable leaders and teams who can move people, organizations, and the world into what’s new and next; the Status Go.
We are in the business of helping people lead and respond to change—with efficiency, agility, and humanity. We offer consulting, training, and content specializing in project and product leadership that Gets Sh*t Done #GSD. 120VC is a recognized leader with a 21-year track record of helping Fortune 500 organizations achieve true business agility. www.120vc.com
120VC is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. Employment decisions and practices will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the age discrimination in employment act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration & Nationality Act, and any applicable state or federal laws.
This policy applies to all employment terms and conditions including hiring, compensation decisions, benefits, discipline, training, promotions, transfers, and terminations.
Any employee or candidate for employment with questions or concerns about any type of discrimination in the workplace, or in the hiring process, should bring these issues to the attention of the 120VC Human Resources Department at 818-842-8041 – email@example.com – 120VC 11601 Wilshire Blvd. 5th Floor Los Angeles, California, 90025.. Employees and/or candidates for employment can raise concerns, report problems, or make complaints without fear of reprisal. Any 120VC employee found to be engaging in any type of unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
The employment-related provisions of the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), as well as the California Fair Employment & Housing Act (FEHA), apply to all employees and job applicants seeking employment with Company. The Company will attempt to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations if a job applicant or employee is otherwise qualified unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
An applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should inform 120VC, and request such an accommodation. 120VC will then engage in a timely, interactive process with the applicant or employee to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, in response to a request for reasonable accommodation by an applicant or employee with a known physical or mental disability, or medical condition.