120VC is a transformational leadership ﬁrm that is passionate about our mission to empower leaders who enable teams to get sh*t done (GSD).
We operate as three core offerings:
- 120VC, a consultancy and services firm
- 120TLA Transformational Leadership Academy
- 120TLN Transformational Leadership Network
120VC is in the business of helping people #GSD to deliver transformational change with efficiency, agility, and humanity. We specialize in project and product leadership, operational efficiency, and change management that enable near 100% mass-market or end-user adoption on day one. Founded by Jason Scott over 20 years ago to work with leaders and businesses that share our growth mindset, passion for people, and ambition to lead the transformation to what’s new and next.
We bring 120% effort and humanity to all that we do. The letters VC, stand for "Venture Construction" and "Venture Consulting". We work with growth-minded businesses to build what’s new and next.
We bleed Olive Green. It’s a reminder of our history. It’s the historical color associated with leadership and self-sacrifice for the good of the team.
Jason Scott is the founder and CEO of 120VC.
From the start of his career spent jumping out of helicopters as a rescue swimmer in the United States Navy, J. Scott has a long history of leadership, servanthood, and bearing witness to the transformative power of getting sh*t done. Since starting 120VC, he’s personally overseen the global transformational efforts within DirecTV, Trader Joe’s, Blizzard Entertainment, Sony Pictures, Mattel, and others. His team’s unique, human-centric approach to change has generated breakthrough results and created meaningful jobs. In addition to being a successful entrepreneur, J. Scott is a devoted husband and father and author of “It’s Never Just Business: It's About People" and "The Irreverent Guide to Project Management," both available on Amazon.com.
We are in the business of helping people lead and respond to change—with efficiency, agility, and humanity. We have written the manual for getting sh*t done #GSD. We specialize in project and product leadership, operational efficiency, and change management that enable near 100% mass-market or end-user adoption on day one.
Other consultancies deliver recommendations and process, 120VC enables our clients teams to GSD and deliver consistent outcomes. We are on a mission to enable leaders and teams who can move people, organizations, and the world into what’s new and next.
- Deliver transformation and change – We deliver technology, project, product, and operational transformation for our clients in a strategic, cost-effective manner with near 100% user adoption on day one.
- Unlock operational efficiency – On average, large IT projects run 45% over budget and 7% over time while delivering 56% less value than predicted. We help our clients find efficiencies in processes and optimize operations to unlock growth, lower costs, and unleash their full potential. The 120VC Standard is a proven approach to unlock the potential of your team.
- Foster a people-focused culture – Transformation starts with people. We believe that extraordinary leadership does not require official authority, it simply requires that we put the prosperity of our stakeholders first. Our people exemplify servant leadership principles and agile practices of the 120 GSD Standard to deliver expected outcomes for our clients.
- Enable true business agility – Need to rapidly scale up to launch a new product, project, or change initiative? We help clearly establish a shared vision, leverage the collective IQ by helping the team architect their own path to achieving that vision, a fierce focus on the alignment of outcomes to the vision, and a willingness to see failed experiments as progress.
We are proud to have found win-win scenarios for some of the world’s biggest brands.
We work with leaders and businesses that share our growth mindset, passion for people, and ambition to lead the transformation to what’s new and next.
Wherever you or your organization are in your transformation journey, we are here to help. No one gets to their desired future or outcome by maintaining the status quo. Transformational change requires leaders of the status go.
Looking for leadership to staff up or scale up a transformation initiative?
Venture Consulting & Services
Hire our certified transformation practitioners in-residence at your organization to lead organizational change management, program management, portfolio management, product management, project management initiatives.
Looking to increase your team’s leadership quotient or foster an agile culture?
Transformational Leadership Training
Enroll in individual or team webinars, workshops, and certificate courses with how-to, real-world instruction on the latest best practices being used by 120VC teams to execute enterprise-wide projects for our Fortune 500 clients.
Looking for guidance and perspective as a transformational leader?
Get coached-up to create win-wins. Changing the status quo is hard work, but you don’t have to go it alone. Certified 120VC coaches work with you to take your leadership practice and team to the next level.
Looking to uncover new opportunities or kick-start a transformation?
120 Transformation Accelerators
We offer customized workshops, boot camps, and frameworks to accelerate change within your organization. We apply innovation and experimentation methodologies to inspire and energize leaders, drive new adaptive and agile ways of working across the organization, and hardwire your organization for future-readiness.
We are in the business of helping people #GSD to deliver transformational change. We complete global enterprise-wide transformational projects, optimize product pipeline, and stick change initiatives for our clients in a strategic, cost-effective manner with near 100% user adoption on day one.
Our team members are passionate about ensuring your success and leading project team members to achieve transformational outcomes. We combine passion, experience, and the 7 Organizational Change disciplines to complete your projects efficiently and effectively with near 100% user adoption.
Our product managers provide strategic leadership throughout the duration of a product’s lifecycle. We enable efficient, results-driven product development, market launch, and continual support and improvement.
It is our Program Manager’s job to eliminate any Risk to a Project’s end date or cost associated with a Project Manager’s aptitude, skill, or performance. In addition to evaluating and managing the Project Managers, a Program Manager controls their Program’s cost and ensures the completion of all of their Projects.
We enable our clients to complete their transformation projects efficiently and cost-effectively with near 100% user adoption on day 1. Together, we help dramatically improve our client’s change readiness, their ability to immediately respond to market opportunities, and connect with their customers.
Training & Certification
Our Transformational Leadership Program (TLP) and certifications offer the most rigorous and complete training in the industry. The undercurrent of everything we do is intentionally designed to ensure project managers have the ability to consistently deliver transformational change without any positional authority.
Transformational Leadership Academy (TLA)
120VC Transformative Leadership Academy – Online training and certification program that we originally created to train our 120VC team members, is now
available for anyone who leads a team. Our mission is to empower a generation of transformative leaders who enable teams to #GSD through the application of the 120 Standard.
120VC Transformative Leadership Academy is a PMI Approved Training Provider and is authorized to give PDU’s to students for course completion. For example, our flagship Transformational Leadership program can earn 47 PDU’s. To qualify for PDU’s you will have to complete courses with a 70% or better participation score and complete the requirements for the course or workshop certificate.
If PMI is undergrad, think of TLA as grad school. Other programs teach what they think works; we teach what’s proven to work. The TLA delivers how-to, real-world instruction on the latest best practices being used by our teams to execute enterprise-wide projects for our Fortune 500 clients. 120VC Transformative Leadership Academy is a PMI Approved Training Provider and is authorized to give PDU’s to students for course completion.
The TLA follows the principles of the Kolb Model, to create an experiential learning experience. Our trainings follow a cycle of four stages: of (1) having a concrete experience followed by (2) observation of and reflection on that experience which leads to (3) the formation of abstract concepts (analysis) and generalizations (conclusions) which are then (4) used to test a hypothesis in future situations, resulting in new experiences.
Yes. We offer individuals and organizations leadership programs to unlock their potential, achieve true agility, increased efficiency, and positive team culture. If you are a large group of participants or have special requests, you might benefit from a course designed specifically for your company. We recommend learning in teams of 4 to 20 individuals.
Transformational Leadership Program (TLP)
We are a transformational leadership ﬁrm that is passionate about our mission to empower leaders who enable teams to get sh*t done (GSD).
We complete global enterprise-wide transformational projects, optimize product pipeline, and stick change initiatives for our clients in a strategic, cost-effective manner with near 100% user adoption on day one. We exist to help your company achieve "business agility" and to continuously "digitally transform;" the cornerstones of tomorrow’s economy. 120VC is the transformation in "digital transformation."
The TLP is not an old-school professor-led lecture course.
It's a casual, experiential learning journey that’s led more like a personal trainer coach or expedition guide. Jason Scott, the founder of 120VC is your guide, but you set the pace and vigor of your own learning experience with your participation and through authentic conversation with the TLP cohort community.
About Jason Scott:
From the start of his career spent jumping out of helicopters as a Rescue Swimmer in the United States Navy, J. Scott has a long history of leadership, servanthood, and bearing witness to the transformative power of getting sh*t done. Since starting 120VC he's personally overseen the global transformational efforts within organizations such as DirecTV, Trader Joe's, Blizzard Entertainment, Sony Pictures, Mattel, and others. His team's unique, irreverent approach to change has generated breakthrough results and created meaningful jobs. In addition to being a successful entrepreneur, J. Scott is a devoted husband and father and author of "It's Never Just Business: It's About People," and "The Irreverent Guide to Project Management," both available on Amazon.com.
- Understand the differences between a leader and being a boss, with a fundamental understanding of the benefits of using leadership over authority.
- Learn and practice leadership skills rooted in empathy, purpose, and serving people.
- Articulate the differences and benefits of Enterprise Project Management, Agile/Scrum, Change Management, Program Management, and Portfolio Management.
- Identify and articulate a common purpose and goal that brings diverse stakeholders and team members together.
- Leverage the collective IQ in collaboration and community with TLP cohort, with growing your professional network and influence.
- Breakthrough silos and create new ways of working and tools to fit your organization that inspire everyone to be at their best.
- Lead with an agile and flexible mindset to execute projects faster and more effectively.
- Pass the optional Transformative Leadership Practitioner Certification exam. Engage at all levels of you and your client's organization as a leader that enables their team members to achieve transformational outcomes.
- Effectively Plan and Lead a Global Enterprise-Wide Project to completion efficiently and effectively and achieve near 100% user adoption on day one.
- Ensure healthy accountability, manage unplanned tasks, assess and mitigate impediments to keep your project on track and moving forward.
- Assess and mitigate project risk and change to complete your project on time and on budget with the desired impact.
- Handle the project accounting, establish a baseline budget for multi-million-dollar initiatives, proactively assess and mitigate budgetary risk to ensure your project never goes over budget without prior client acceptance.
- Effectively communicate daily and weekly status that helps lead your project forward efficiently and effectively with the goal of achieving agreed-upon outcomes.
- Plan and conduct meetings that always achieve outcomes, cultivate good commitments, and engage the project team members to move your project toward completion as aggressively as possible.
- 100% online, 14-weeks, 8 two-hour online instructor-led video Zoom classes.
- Two weeks of assignments and learning community interaction between each online instructor-led class.
- Plan 2–3 hours for each week’s assignments to watch videos and read articles, complete assignments, and engage in discussion and reflection.
- All learning materials are covered by the enrollment fee and provided by 120VC in Basecamp including J. Scott’s book “The Irreverent Guide to Project Management”.
Computer and Internet Access
- You will need to have an up-to-date browser and operating system.
- High-Speed Access to the internet to participate in the bi-weekly online instructor-led classes.
- Download and ability to use free versions of the Zoom (video conferencing) for and Basecamp (community platform) apps.
- DO NOT attempt to engage in the bi-weekly instructor-led classes on a mobile device.
- Mobile and tablets are NOT required but are great learning aids. There is a Basecamp app that can be downloaded from the app store that will enable you to engage with the course on your mobile device. All course materials render perfectly within the app and allow the flexibility of mobile learning.
120VC is a PMI Approved Training Provider and is authorized to give PDU’s to students for course completion. Our Provider# is 3494.
To qualify for PDU’s/CEU’s you will have to earn points for participation and completed assignments. Everyone’s running score is posted weekly on the TLA dashboard. You must complete the course with a participation score of at least 70% and pass the Transformational Leader Certification exam.
In the case that you complete the entire course, the certificate that you receive upon course completion will reflect the following
20 PDU’s Technical
10.5 PDU’s Leadership
16.5 PDU’s Strategic
If for some reason you do not complete the entire course, you can still register for PDU’s for the parts of the course that you completed, but 120VC will not be able to provide you will proof of completion. The PDU allocation above assumes 2 PDU’s for each online instructor-led class attended and 1 PDU for completing all assignments in a given week.
Yes, the TLP is perfect for teams. The 14-week TLP course is made available to the general public multiple times each calendar year with each cohort limited to 30 seats.
Register for 5 or more people and receive a group discount during early registration and while spots are available.
If you are a large group of participants or have special requests, you might benefit from a course designed specifically for your company. Contact us to learn about your options.
Not ready for the 14-week TLP? Plan or attend talks and workshops, or book Jason Scott to speak at your organization.
After years of running the TLP we know that sometimes unforeseen or unavoidable life circumstances can come up. While we do not offer discounts or refunds for cancellations, in such circumstances, we allow people one opportunity to reschedule to future cohorts as availability allows. We offer the TLP multiple times each calendar year, each cohort limited to 30 seats.
Participation is essential to your success in this class. You are required to participate just as if you were in a face-to-face course. To get full credit for participation, you will have to complete your assignments on a timely basis. Consistent failure to participate in the class will result in being dropped from the course. We do not offer refunds to students that are dropped from the course.
We get that a lot of businesses today offer perks like foosball, kombucha kegs, and hipster gym memberships. Nothing wrong with that. But we believe part of being a leader is deciding for yourself what to do with your time and money. Not everyone wants to do goat yoga at work, some just want to get sh*t done. So we offer competitive salaries and a portfolio of benefits options so you can do you. At work and outside of work.
At 120VC, it’s never just business, it’s about people. We are purpose-driven, people-focused, & outcome-obsessed. We are looking for leaders who share our growth mindset, passion for people, and ambition to lead transformations. Positive people who believe in the transformative power of teamwork and #GSD.
Learn more about our team culture.
At 120VC, you’re given an incredible amount of freedom and autonomy at 120VC. You control your own destiny. For most of our positions, you can work from anywhere. Set your own schedule. Wake up every day and apply your expertise, experiment, and get shit done. Sounds awesome right? Here’s the rub: with freedom comes a ton of ownership and responsibility. Are you up for the challenge?
If you have a question, feedback, or a concern with an order placed, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
We partner with Printful and our merch products are made to order. They source globally the best brands available and are printed at regional fulfillment shops.
At this time we do not. Sorry, we’re not Amazon. We partner with Printful and our merch products are made to order. It takes 2–7 business days to create a product and fulfill an order. Once an order is fulfilled and shipped, it’s delivered to the end address.
See the final shipping costs during checkout, expect $3.99 per item and $1.25 per additional item.
Typically 6-14 business days to delivery. Shipping time depends on product availability and delivery destination.
We partner with Printful and our merch products are made to order. It takes 2–7 business days to create a product and fulfill an order.
These shipping times are estimates, not guarantees.
Printful ships globally, but there are some countries we can’t deliver to due to legal or shipping carrier restrictions.
If you have received a misprinted/damaged/defective product or are not satisfied with your product please contact us email@example.com ASAP to start a return claim.
Any claims for misprinted/damaged/defective items must be submitted within 2 weeks after the product has been received. For packages lost in transit, all claims must be submitted no later than 4 weeks after the estimated delivery date. Claims deemed an error on our part are covered at our expense.
Wrong Address - If you provide an address that is considered insufficient by the courier, the shipment will be returned to our facility. You will be liable for reshipment costs once we have confirmed an updated address with you (if and as applicable).
Unclaimed - Shipments that go unclaimed are returned to our facility and you will be liable for the cost of a reshipment (if and as applicable).
We do not accept returns of sealed goods, such as but not limited to face masks, which are not suitable for return due to health or hygiene reasons. You hereby agree that any returned orders with face masks won’t be available for reshipping and will be disposed of.
Notification for EU consumers: According to Article 16(c) and (e) of the Directive 2011/83/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 October 2011 on consumer rights, the right of withdrawal may not be provided for:
- the supply of goods that are made to the consumer's specifications or are clearly personalized;
- sealed goods which were unsealed after delivery and thus aren't suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons,
therefore 120VC/Printful reserves rights to refuse returns at its sole discretion.
This Policy shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the English language, regardless of any translations made for any purpose whatsoever.