About This Talk
- Why do we need to define the project and create a plan?
- Won’t we finish sooner if we just start the work?
- The plan says the project will take eight months … Why is it going to take so long?
- Why do we need to complete those ten tasks to get the project done?
If you find yourself tongue-tied, talking in circles, and unable to answer these questions, it’s time to stop and master the Science of Planning a Project that Gets Sh*t Done.
These questions are generally received defensively by Project Leaders. It’s easy to feel like the person asking the question is questioning our judgment or expertise. Our minds quickly respond with thoughts like … Who are you to question how I do my job? I’m the Project Leadership Professional!
Ironically, learning starts with a question … People generally ask questions because they need an answer. More often than not, our stakeholders are asking “why” with all sincerity. They don’t understand “why,” and they hope that you, the Project Leadership Professional, can enlighten them. Why are they seeking enlightenment? Because people don’t like to do work when they don’t understand “why” they are doing it.
Moreover, the “why” is synonymous with the benefits or value that needs to be created by the work. It’s impossible to achieve the “benefits” if people aren’t clear on the “why.”
Disclaimer: This presentation is not for those afraid of heights, don’t think Saturday Night Live is funny, aren’t interested in developing mad skills or crybabies! The session will be conducted in a remote region of the Zoom universe with no access to the “Waaaambulance”!
If you are a Project, Program, Portfolio, Product, Scrum Master, Organizational Change Manager, Operations, or HR Manager, you were hired to achieve transformational results and enable the team to get sh*t done. You were essentially hired to change things. 100% of this presentation is about putting the how-to techniques used at 120VC in your hands.
120VC has been delivering global transformational projects for the Fortune 500 with zero positional authority for over 20 years. If you believe in the transformative power of getting sh*t done, you can’t miss this workshop.
- Define and scope a project that enables you to “Communicate to Lead!”
- Learn how to use Assumptions, Risk, and Constraints to eliminate all avoidable blockers.
- How to build a defensible Workplan that positions you as a leader as opposed to a “note-taker.”