"SERVANT LEADERSHIP" IS LEADERSHIP IN SERVICE TO YOUR STAKEHOLDERS
Servant Leaders aren't born... They are made! The key performance indicator of a leader is that they enable their stakeholders to define and then deliver the necessary results. This presentation will help you unlock the transformative power of GSD by focusing on Servant Leadership skills that will supercharge your team's outcomes.
About This Talk
Are you tired of hearing that most projects fail because of poor communication? The frustration you feel is probably because you instinctively understand the following:
- Projects don’t fail; they don’t have a heartbeat or a social security number. People fail.
- Communication is simply the vehicle we use to lead.
- Blaming failure on communication is the greatest obstacle to addressing the lack of leadership skills that lead to undesirable outcomes.
If we were to simplify the success criteria for a leader, it would be "they enable their stakeholders to define and deliver the necessary and expected results."
When organizations focus on improving communication, they generally add processes and guidelines that increase the workload on teams that are already struggling to deliver the desired results. But it’s easier to use communication as the scapegoat than it is to admit they "suck at leadership!"
The solution is to focus on developing the leadership skills of each of our team members regardless of their title. The basic foundation of an agile organization, an agile mindset, and teamwork is that "everyone is a leader." Increasing the Leadership Quotient (LQ) in an organization, and getting "lean" with process will lead to more successful projects and desired outcomes.
- Explore the difference between a boss and a leader.
- Explore the difference between empathy and judgment.
- Learn how to "Communicate to Lead."
- Learn how to stop assigning work, and foster accountability by getting people to sign up for work.
- Learn how to "Stop Holding People Accountable" by setting them up to BE accountable.
Submit your review
Servant Leadership that #GSD was an amazing course! I definitely recommend to new and tenured leaders. Definitely many takeaways and a-ha moments! Jason is a great speaker and I truly enjoyed the course...
This was an awesome training session!
Jason communicates some simple, key leadership principles and then backs them up with actionable techniques that can be put to use right away. His lesson on 'Active Listening' and orienting questions about the outcome instead of the 'how' was one I will use right away.
As a consequence of taking this course I have signed up for the companion course, 'The Art of Leading a Team that GSD'.
Finally, my favorite takeaway that I work to implement every day: 'When I say "Yes I will" I open my calendar and block some time'.
Jason Scott, you have changed how I will lead, for the better!
Very good material covered in this talk, also the speaker is very capable of navigating you through the information, highly recommended!!